Wednesday, January 7, 2009

FINALLY! A SHERMAN SIAM RED BRACELET TO GO WITH MY SIAM RED SHERMAN EARRINGS!


If you've been following this blog, you know how much I've wanted to score a piece of Siam Red jewelry by Sherman. I've watched and lost auctions on ebay because the pieces just went too high for me. I've scoured the various sites that sell Sherman and either found none or again, the price was crazy. I'd all but given up on ever acquiring an affordable Siam red Sherman of any kind to go with the only siam red Sherman piece I had: the little earrings in the photo. And then, with some time on my hands just before Christmas, I came across an ad on KIJIJI. And there was this "retired jeweler" selling off his stock, some of which was several pieces of Sherman, including some lovely Sherman bracelets. I wanted to buy them all but hey, I couldn't afford that. But I found the one I wanted: the siam red bracelet in the photo above, and I didn't think twice! So finally, I have a Siam red Sherman Bracelet and earring set.

And the bracelet is a beauty: in great condition, it's 7 1/2" bracelet is 11/16" wide. Even better, it has Sherman's famous japan backing. 5 rows of clear swarovski siam red crystals alternate with siam red aurora borealis marquise stones. And best of all, it didn't cost me what I nearly bid for one on ebay that went for over $1000!

There is a downside, but after reading through my latest book on Sherman Jewellery, "The Masterpiece Collection" by my colleagues, Sandra Caldwell and Evelyn Yallen, I am thoroughly convinced that there are indeed Sherman pieces that left the factory unsigned ... and this bracelet is one of them. In negotiating with the retired jeweler for the bracelet, he informed me that it was one of several sold to him by the Sherman salesman who regularly supplied his shop on Danforth Ave., Toronto, back in the 50's. And looking at the design of the bracelet, its construction and the stones themselves, there's no doubt in my mind this is a bona fide Siam red Sherman bracelet. The earrings, by the way are signed, but as I said, I already had these. They just work well with the bracelet, though they are not japan-backed.

So now for the good news: I am offering this lovely siam red Sherman bracelet and earring set in OUR SHOP AT RUBY LANE for only $375 US (or the current Canadian equivalent). Please click that link or the photo above to slip over, read more and view more pictures. I doubt you'll find another Siam red Sherman bracelet at this price any time soon, and definitely not on eBay where bidders push those prices sky-high. Why pay more than you have to? Buy it from MY RUBY LANE SHOP today! It'll cost you more if I decide to list it on eBay. Guaranteed!