Sunday, January 18, 2009

PINK SHERMAN GRANDE PARURE IS HIGHLY COLLECTIBLE & VERY BEAUTIFUL!


Okay ... it's happened to me again! Just when I think I won't find another Sherman better than the last one I bought, I do find one! Well, "better" is the wrong word when it comes to Sherman. Maybe I mean "prettier" or "more dazzling" or "more gorgeous"... Oh what the heck! How about I just tell you about my latest discovery.

It's a fabulous Grande Parure i.e. there's 3 parts to this set: necklace, earrings, and brooch. The necklace is unlike any I've owned: it's semi-rigid, meaning there's a built in "bow" or "curve" to that centerpiece, which is about 5" long. It's a most unusual design the way it splits in the middle. One avid Sherman collector I showed it to said it'd look even more lovely with a single large crystal nestled in that split, and I can't help but agree. But then, who are we to argue with Gustave Sherman. If this is the way he wanted it, so be it.

The set is a lovely mixture of pink/purple Aurora Borealis and incredibly clear pink Swarovski crystals in varying shapes and sizes: marquise and round cuts in the necklace and brooch, slender navettes in the earrings. Is this an original set ie. did all the pieces come together in the first place? Who knows! All I do know is the colors are a perfect match in all the pieces and all pieces are signed "Sherman".

This grande parure by Sherman is in remarkable condition both front and back, with very little wear to the shiny silver rhodium-plate backings. You can see many more photos and read the specific details in OUR SHOP AT RUBY LANE where we show the price in both US and Canadian dollars. The other thing you'll notice when looking at the photos is that the color of the pink isn't consistent from photo to photo. That's because we had a devil of a time getting accurate color on this one. In bright light or daylight, the pinks are so much paler, as shown here:

But as the light drops, you get colors closer to the one shown in the photo at the top i.e. a much deeper pink that borders on rose or even fuschia. For me, that's a bonus! Where else can you get two of the most in-demand Sherman colors in one set LOL!

This is definitely a Sherman collector's dream for several reasons:

1) It's a grande parure i.e. 3 - 4 piece set
2) It's in one of the most coveted and rarer Sherman colors: PINK
3) It's in superb condition

Want to add it to your Sherman collection? You know what to do. Scurry on over to OUR RUBY LANE SHOP now and make it yours!